27.12.10


"On a Wanderer's Grave, The World Doth Tread"


This the latest skateboard that I've made title "A Wanderer's Grave." The phrase was taken from a poem titled "The Sailor's Lament" and adapted to something a little more person.

I bought pre-pressed wood since I don't yet have a skateboard press, but I did all the cutting, shaping, smoothing, curving, finishing and designing of this board.
Check out the video I threw together of the process.



A [joel.witwer] original.

A little more about the process of painting on the graphic.
I first coat the board in three layers of poly urethane to seal off the wood and prevent paint from seeping down into it. I design the graphic itself on my computer, then print it out and trace it onto the board. All the paints I use are simple acrylics. Once the graphic is on the deck, I apply three more layers of poly urethane to seal in the graphic and keep the deck tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment