17.8.10

Punk Rock Statements



All through high school I hung out with the punk kids. I never really liked their music, but they were down to earth kids who accepted the immigrant high school me. While I never connected with their music, I fell in love with their visual art style. The rawness and the real life statements that emerged fascinated me. I didn't, and still don't, agree with everything punk rock, but I can appreciate the passion and energy they put into everything they do whether it be music, cd art, posters or videos.

I should also add, that I do actually like this song ... The video is more punk rock than the music. In my book, punk rock is pretty much defined by bands like The Casualties and The Dead Kennedys with which I don't vibe with as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment