23.11.10

Let me indulge myself for a minute and pretend that there are some of you that eagerly await my video posts each and every weekday. If this is you, I apologize for the last of posts last Friday and this past Monday. I was on a backpacking trip in the snowy adirondacks (more on this later) and then a brief trip to NYC.


In NYC, Davey and I had to go check out every photographer/videographer's mecca, B&H Photo Video where we sent money we probably shouldn't have, but definitely don't regret! I bought myself a beautiful lil' canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, which Davey calls the 'nifty fifty' while he got a sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 wide angle.


Now check out the picture below (click to see a slightly larger version):



Now the picture on the left was taken with my stock lens, take note of the the field of view. The picture on the right was taken with my camera body in the exact position, but Davey's new lens. Check out that ginormous field of view compared to regular! We played around with it a little more as the day went on and, as you would expect, we found some linear distortion in the images, but very minimal amounts. That is one rad lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment