12.6.10

It's Pretty Wild




I was on my way to downtown Rochester to see Rusted Root play a free show. Evidently, the rest of Rochester also had the same idea so finding a close parking spot was near impossible. I ended up finally finding one in a school parking lot. As I stepped out of the car, I was greeted with the sounds of men yelling and blunt objects hitting each other. I decided to check it out and found a whole bunch of guys and girls dressed up in full armour and fighting each other. It turns out they are part of an international medieval reenactment group called SCA.
I asked them if they would let me film and they agreed and so off I went. I started filming finding the whole thing hysterical and the thought that I could show my friends later and we'd all have a good laugh over it. Now, I still find the whole thing very entertaining, but as I stayed a little bit longer and talked to them, I found the thing less of a joke and a little fascinating. I'm not even close to going and signing up to join the SCA, but I can at least appreciate what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment